The dynamic nature of the expressive arts can engage, motivate and encourage learners to develop their creative, artistic and performance skills to the full. The Expressive Arts Area of Learning and Experience (Area) spans five disciplines: art, dance, drama, film and digital media and music. Although each discipline has its own discrete body of knowledge and body of skills, it is recognised that together they share the creative process.
What does expressive arts look like at St. Mary’s?
· Gwent music service – violins, penny whistles, drumming
· Exploring work of local artists
· Creative dance
· Visiting local places – museums, galleries
· Singing lessons and hymn assemblies
· Learning about digital media
· Using a range of IT equipment
· Art and creative skills
· Working with other professionals